RSS

Computer Havoc

Recently I think I’m having a bad luck with computers.

Last week, my laptop were being ‘invaded’ by waves of Blue Screen of Death (BSoD from here on).

I can’t seem to find out the caused of it because it was popping out all the various BSoD, each with a different message.


Its not the two BSoD above, there are more. Above is just an example.

In my search of the caused of the BSoD, I looked into the event viewer and found there’s this error with DCOM. So, I did all I could to disable the relevant component, uninstalled some programs I’ve recently installed and even personally search through the registry to delete certain keys which the uninstalled programs left behind.

However, to no avail, the BSoD are still appearing. Therefore, my friends told me that it could also mean hardware problems and the probable cause is the RAM ==”



True enough, after some process of probability elimination. It was really the RAM… to add salt to the wound, my laptop has two RAM, one piece is 256 and the other is a 1GB RAM.



I was hoping it was the 256MB RAM that is faulty but… due to my shitty luck, it was the 1GB RAM that has to be taken out T_T *sobs*

The worst thing was, I thought it was a virus before finding out that it is really the RAM that’s causing the problem. So, I stupidly reformatted my laptop and reinstalled Windows ==”



After my laptop ordeal, I thought it was over… that I don’t have to face computer problems again… BUT… this week, my office PC that I am using for my programming work the hard drive K.O-ed on me T_T *sobs* how sad…



Therefore, I had to backup my office’s stupid hard drive which crashes like every 10 minutes or so, and face the screen of formatting PC and Windows reinstallation again…

What sucks is that there are so many programs and tools to reinstall… which used up two working days. Actually, I’m partially happy too because I don’t have to do any work during these two days and just reinstalling programs.

After I had Windows installed, I was surfing the web while reinstalling other stuff =P Well, I hope that you readers will have better lucks with computers =) Cheers!!

  • www.tips-fb.com
  • Follow LBenjamin on Twitter
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 peepz:

Post a Comment