RSS

My 100th Blog post dedication

Wow.. can't believe I'm now writing my 100th blog post..
anyway, since it's my 100th blog post, I would like to dedicate this entry to my 3 best buddies.

I guess one of the good thing about writing a personal blog is because I could really reflect on all the previous posts and see myself struggling through the times of bitterness and how & what I've learned from it.

I started this blog on April 10th 2007, in total, I've accumulated 2 years of memories in this blog. Although I'm not a really successful blogger but the reason I blog is because it's a place where I can keep my memories and share my experiences with readers.

Throughout this 2 years, I've faced my most difficult moment and when I read back about it, I find it kind of interesting too.
My toughest moment in my life so far was during college where my dad and I wasn't exactly in good terms, partly is due to my stubborn and rebellious nature. However, it's not entirely my fault.

During this toughest moment, is where I found my true friends, which is Martin, Daniel and Kevin. No, in my eyes, they are all equal. It's not just because I mentioned who first or last makes them any less important.

They are the friends who stood by me during my worst moments, and truly understand my situation. They never abandoned me during the time I needed their help. I have to really go back to the past to explain about them.

Not pointing to any specific person or incident, just treat what I'm going to say as a recollection of memory =)

I remember that during college, I was still treated like a kid, being controlled strictly. Daily pocket money of only 5 Ringgit, and some days my parents would purposely drive over to my college just to have lunch with me.

Yes, I do admit that it is kind of embarrassing to have packed lunch in the car with parents in front of the college compound, while my friends and classmates are just passing by in front of the car. However, since I was still dependent on my parents, I have no say over it. The one word that applies is: PATIENCE.

The college I attend to was KDU College. They have this student card where we can debit certain amount of cash into it and use it to pay for food & drinks in the cafeteria. Since my parents found out about that function, they started doing that because they want to prevent me from using the money for cybercafe session or even going out with my friends. Since my pocket money was kind of scarce at that time, Martin, Daniel and Kevin didn't mind spending me drinks or even meals. What else can I say? I made a silent promise that when I have money, I would surely spend them back without hesitation, which what I'm doing now =)

Yes, my parents last time are strict because they kept wanting me to study study and study. All study and no life. Not that I was a fail student, it's just that they want me to get straight A's because my results were either A or B+ which is not good enough. Even going out for a drink at the coffeeshops outside my college area with my friends is prohibited by them.

Therefore, which is during this moment, I found my true friends who I can share my thoughts with and they supported me to get a life, even helped me to get one.

I remember there are moments which they arrange some outings like karaoke or going for game session, they would help me think of an excuse to tell my parents just so I could go, or they would think of some place where my parents can't sneak up on me. Yea, kind of lifeless at that moment. I know my parents doings are for my own good, but at that time, I really needed a life to feel like a normal teenager.

There was this moment, where I couldn't take it with my parents anymore, I blasted them over the phone that they are controlling me over the limit and not giving me a life. I told them I'm not going home and switched off my phone. Kevin and Daniel at that moment was going to catch a movie with other classmates, but because I really needed them to be here for me, they abandoned their movie and came back for me.*

Well, all in all, if it weren't for those difficult moments I've went through during my life, I think I wouldn't be so appreciative towards the people I have and found. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, or could just be plain luck.

*Daniel & Kevin*

Martin's picture is supposed to be here, but he has a 'rule' that prohibits his pictures from showing in any other places other than his own blog =.="

  • www.tips-fb.com
  • Follow LBenjamin on Twitter
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 peepz:

Kevin said...

When was that picture of me and Daniel taken? =x

Benjamin said...

Remember the time last year during CNY, we went to 'lou sang' at this restaurant with the KDU gang? Jimmy and his gf just dropped by for awhile and we're laughing at the restaurant name because it's called Steam King? Yea, that time =)

Post a Comment