RSS

Singapore to Melbourne

"The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see."

- G.K. Chesterton


At last, with some free time on hand I can start blogging about my trip to Melbourne.

I know it's kind of weird to travel so sudden without any public holidays during April,
but the reason I chose to travel during April is because for the first time I do not want to
spend my birthday in Malaysia.
It's getting kinda bored you know with the same food and weather all year round.
That's why when I travel, I usually choose a country with a different climate, at least one with a four season.

Initially, mice and I planned to go Japan during April but since the triple disaster struck
Tokyo, we can't help it but change our plan to Melbourne.
So I did all the planning, bookings and visa applications.

As I eagerly wait for the day of our departure to arrive, I grew more anxious..
I started to double and even triple check every single thing, might be more than triple even.
I even made her print out additional copies of all the bookings and vouchers and
in the end, we had two of every document.
So I traveled down to Singapore early morning on our departure day which was the 8th of April.

We've already packed everything into a single humongous luggage the week before which weighs like a ton but surprisingly it only totaled up to 18.0 kg.
She worked for half a day, and around 4pm we headed straight home to get ready as her dad was dropping us to the airport around 6pm.
After we arrived at the airport, we took some pictures of Changi Terminal 3 then headed to the check in counter for Singapore Airlines.

*Changi Airport Terminal 3*



We checked in early and we had a light dinner.. well, it was heavy for me =S
After dinner, we went into the departure hall to look at some duty free goods.
Before we knew it, it was time to board the plane.

*Inside the Airbus A380*


She was excited because we specifically took the last flight to Melbourne so we could board the A380 Airbus.
Furthermore, we got her favorite seat next to the window which overlooks the wings.
While she was snapping away with her iPhone, I was busy looking at the menu =P



Well, nothing much during the flight just that there were two babies competing who's gonna win the loudest crying award.
Moments after entering cruising altitude, dinner was served.
Awhile later, I guess Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 somehow charmed her to sleep.

After 7 hours or so being in the plane, we finally arrive in Melbourne! which was 6.30am Melbourne time and 4.30am Singapore/Malaysia time~

Upon exiting the airplane into the airport, I could feel the difference in the coolness of the air already.. or maybe it's just the air-condition ._. we'll know soon enough~



After much walking, we arrive at the immigration checkpoint.
Unlike Singapore and Malaysia, their process speed was fast even though the queue was long.
After around 10 minutes of being in line, it's our turn. We were asked some basic question in a very friendly and welcoming manner, like why are we here, where we'll be staying and what we'll be doing.
They were like so friendly, which makes me wonder why can't the people back at home be more like them.

Anyway, after we were welcomed to Melbourne, we took another short walk to the luggage retrieval conveyor belt thingy.
After getting our luggage, we were told to place down all our backpacks and luggages on the floor and stand aside.
Then a cute custom dog, a beagle, came and sniffed for illegal products.



Upon exiting the arrival hall, I went to get us airport transfer to our hotel.
After around 15 minutes, our bus came and we're off to Melbourne CBD =D

Will continue in the next entry.. This entry is already too long. Stay tuned~

  • www.tips-fb.com
  • Follow LBenjamin on Twitter
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 peepz:

FeliHime said...

It's 18kg you nub!!! terlypo

Benjamin said...

Corrected ==" sessem

Post a Comment