RSS

Coffee -- Does it really helps?

I've been a coffee drinker since I was 4.
Yea, it's no typo and you didn't see it wrong, Four.
My father's mom first introduced coffee to me and immediately I took a liking towards coffee over chocolate drink.
Ever since then, the number of cups of coffee I consume per day increase along with my age.
At 18, I'm taking in 6 to 8 cups of coffee per day.
However, I've reduced my coffee intake these days because my dear is watching my diet.
So, I'm only taking coffee early in the morning and late at night before I sleep.
I think it has became a routine for me to consume coffee early in the morning, as my mom was a heavy coffee drinker too but she's converted to a green tea-er.
Although coffee doesn't work in keeping me awake but it's what I have to drink to get use in the morning, and also to get me to sleep at night.
Yes, you've read it right, I can't sleep without coffee.



*The Temptation*

Furthermore, it is proven that coffee doesn't keep oneself awake. Check this article out: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/6422279.stm
If you're too lazy to read a bunch of text, I'll just copy and excerpt of it here:
"Those who drink a caffeinated drink first thing are no more alert than those who never consume one"

Another reason to consume more coffee is that coffee provides you with antioxidants.
What is antioxidants you ask? Well read this:
"Antioxidants help to fight against cancer and to give our bodies other beneficial health benefits. Most antioxidants are found in tomatoes, grains, fruits, and vegetables."

and coffee contains more antioxidants than many other drinks: (same website as above)
"What most people don’t know is that besides it rich taste it also has the ability to provide many healthful antioxidants than most other foods and drinks"

Well, hope this entry has helped out in whatever impression you've had about consuming coffee.

  • www.tips-fb.com
  • Follow LBenjamin on Twitter
  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 peepz:

Post a Comment